Are you worried about revealing about privacy and identity of your Credit Card, or you do not know the trustworthiness of your service provider? Do You want to purchase something unanimously and restrict your credit card for any further recurring payments? Here in this article, we will discuss how to create a free virtual Credit Card in India and some best free virtual credit card (VCC) in India for International Payments.
Credit Card fraud is very common news nowadays, every day you will find the story of credit or debit card fraud in all newspapers. Knowingly or unknowingly, we are committing some mistakes while doing any banking transactions online. Most of us don’t know How to use our Credit or Debit Card safely and securely in Online Banking transactions. And if the transactions from any unknown international e-commerce websites or vendors, then we have to be highly vigilant while revealing any secure card details.
In our earlier article, we have discussed How to create a free Virtual Debit Card in India for International transactions, if you still not read the article then, you can read it from here.
Today, every bank has introduced several measures to protect their customers from any online Banking Transaction frauds, they send several SMS or emails so that you can secure your hard-earned monies from these fraudsters. But these fraudsters still find their ways to steal your money from your account.
What is a Virtual Credit Card or VCC Card?
There is a basic difference between Debit and Credit Card, which we confused every time. In Debit Card, we can pay if we have the required money in our Debit Card linked bank account, and in Credit card, the card-issuing Banks provide us a certain limit up to which we can pay or use. Credit Card is a kind of loan, where Card issuing Banks charges interest after a certain period of time. The period varies from 30 to 45 days depending upon these card-issuing banks and the rate of interest also is very high, including late payment charges.
The Credit Card only provides to those people, who have a high net worth and regular source of income. Everyone cannot get the Credit Card and it depends solely on the card-issuing Banks.
The Virtual Credit Card (VCC) is a kind of temporary randomly generated card number linked to your actual Credit Card and it can be generated only once. We literally can not create Virtual Credit Card online if we do not have any actual Credit Card, we need an actual credit card if we want to create Virtual Credit Card Online in India.
If you already have any Credit Card from any Credit card issuing Banks in India and if you have the access to Internet Banking facility, then only you can generate Virtual Credit Card in India.
In Virtual Credit Card, a temporary randomly generated Card number, expiry date, and CVV will be generated through Internet Banking and no other details will be available to the cardholder.
The basic features of all Virtual Credit Card from any card issuing Banks are more or less the same. Here I am giving you some features of Virtual Credit Card (VCC) which is mostly offered by the Indian Banks.
- Best Pay Later Apps in India for instant Virtual Loan without Credit Card
- Best Zero Balance Digital Bank Account in India
Key Features of Virtual Credit Card (VCC) in India
- You can create any number of Virtual Credit Card free if you have an actual credit card with NetBanking access.
- The VCC will destroy itself within 24 to 48 hours of issuance, therefore the chances of misuse of Virtual Credit Card is minimal.
- The Virtual Credit Card is generally generated with a maximum fix upper limit or whatever the limit you want to set up to the maximum credit limit.
- The Virtual Credit card can be used only once, after that the card will be auto destroyed.
- The Virtual Credit Card transactions will separately show in your credit card monthly statements.
- VCC cards can not be used for subscription-based websites where recurring payment is required. Most of the Virtual Credit Card in India cannot be used for any international transactions in popular websites like Netflix, Amazon, Play console, PlayStation or to purchase hostings from SiteGround or Bluehost.
- A virtual Credit card can only be used for single online transactions.
- A Virtual Credit Card can be Visa, Mastercard or Rupay based depending on the Card Issuing Banks.
- Any unused amount or refund from merchant websites will add back to your actual credit card limit.
Note: Virtual Credit Card (VCC) can be identified by BIN (Bank Identification Number) which is the first eight-digit of the Card number. Most of the popular international subscription websites where we have to register our credit card for making any purchase, stop accepting Virtual Credit Card.
Therefore, instead of using a virtual Credit Card, you can create virtual debit cards which are international transaction enabled.
Key points to be remembered before using Virtual Credit Card or VCC Card in India
- You have to utilize your VCC card within 24 hours of its generation.
- No EMI facility is available on Virtual Credit Card.
- Offers and other benefits of the original credit card will not be applicable to Virtual Credit Card.
- No separate billing cycle will be available to you, it clubbed with your original credit card.
- It can only be used for online transactions.
There is a basic difference between Virtual Credit Card and Virtual Debit Card or Virtual Prepaid Card. Some Banks or Apps offer the free creation of a Virtual Prepaid card which is linked to your primary Bank Account and the amount of your transaction from the virtual debit card will get debited instantly from your linked account. For example, Kotak [email protected] or State of India virtual card, where you can create a free Preloadable virtual Debit card from their NetBanking website, but Bank will make a hold on the amount which you will like to set as the Virtual Card Limit. You can not use the hold amount until your Card gets destroyed itself.
In the Virtual Credit Card, you need an actual credit card to generate a VCC card online in India. You will get your VCC card statements consolidated with your actual credit card statements after the completion of the billing cycle.
List of Best Free Virtual Credit Card Providers in India
Here’s the list of some Best Free Virtual Credit Card in India
- HDFC Bank Netsafe Card
- ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card
- AXIS Bank eShop Card
- Kotak [email protected]
- SBI Virtual Credit Card
Here are the best Virtual Credit Card available in India now
|Virtual Credit Card Name||Card Type||International Transaction Right||Card Nature||Website Link|
|HDFC Bank Netsafe Card||Visa or MasterCard||No||Linked to Primary Credit Card||Visit Here|
|ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card||Visa||Yes||Linked to Primary Credit Card||Visit Here|
|Axis Bank eShop Virtual Credit Card||Visa||No||Linked to Primary Credit Card||Visit Here|
|Kotak [email protected]||Visa||Yes||Linked Savings/Current Account||Visit Here|
|SBI Virtual Credit Card||Visa or MasterCard||No||Linked to Savings/Current Account||Visit Here|
1. HDFC Bank Netsafe Card:
HDFC Bank is the most popular and number one credit card provider in India. HDFC Bank also has the option for the creation of a Virtual Credit Card to its customer. HDFC Bank’s Netsafe VCC card can be used in any online shopping websites and international transactions enabled.
- HDFC Bank Netsafe Virtual Credit Card is completely free and easy to generate.
- International Transaction enabled.
- The consolidated monthly statement with your actual Credit Card.
- Any number of Virtual Credit Card (VCC) can be generated. A maximum of 5 virtual cards can be created in a day.
- VISA or MasterCard depending on your actual Credit Card Type.
How to Generate HDFC Bank Netsafe card
- Go to the HDFC Bank Netsafe Card registration Page. You can also visit here. Click on Register.
- Accept the Terms and Condition and provide your Original Credit Number and Expiry Date and click on Submit.
3. A new window will open, you have to provide your some details of your Credit Card like DOB, Credit Card CVV2/CVC2 or ATM PIN, Registered Mobile Number, etc and click on Submit button. An OTP will be generated to your Registered email id and mobile number.
4. Provide your Virtual Credit Card Limit and Click on Go. Again an OTP will be generated to your registered mobile. After submitting the OTP, your HDFC Bank Netsafe Virtual Credit Card will be generated.
Register Your HDFC Bank Netsafe VCC card. (Official Bank Website)
2. ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card:
ICICI Bank Credit cards are the second most popular credit card in India. You can also create ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card from its Internet Banking websites.
The ICICI Bank virtual credit card is not a VCC card actually, it is a kind of Add-on card that is virtual in nature. As it is an Add-on type of virtual credit card, you can not create the card by yourself, you need to contact ICICI bank for the virtual card eligibility. Though you can create a free virtual card from its mobile wallet App named Pocket by just installing the App. The Virtual card which will be generated from there will be Visa powered but can be used only in Indian merchant websites.
- Virtual Credit Card is Visa based and Add-on in nature.
- The Virtual Credit Card is free of cost and international transaction enabled.
- The billing cycle of the virtual credit card is same as primary credit card.
- The maximum limit of the VCC card is the overall limit of your actual Credit Card.
How to Create ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card
To create ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card, Log on to your ICICI Bank Net Banking Account.
Go to Credit Card Tab>Click on Virtual Credit Card> Fill UP your Details
For more details on ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card Visit here. (Official Website)
3. AXIS Bank eShop Virtual Credit Card:
Axis Bank also provides a free Virtual Credit Card named eShop Card to its customers. You can generate an eShop VCC card for any domestic or international online transactions. Please note that you need a primary credit card issued by Axis Bank to generate the eShop card.
The Axis Bank eShop Virtual Credit card is accepted in all the websites where Visa accepts. The card can not be used where recurring payments are required.
- More or less the same as the other two Virtual Credit Card.
- Virtual Credit Card is Visa based, with no MasterCard option available.
- The maximum validity period of 48 hours.
- The recurring payment option not available.
- Get a consolidated statement with your actual Credit Card.
You can generate eShop Virtual Credit Card after registering your Credit Card details on Axis Bank’s official websites. For more details visit here.
4. Kotak [email protected]:
Kotak [email protected] is the best virtual credit in this list if you want to purchase a subscription in some popular subscription-based websites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. The Kotak Net card is a Visa powered single-use card that can be generated from Kotak Bank’s internet banking portal.
Kotak [email protected] is one of the few not 3D secured Virtual Card in India that can be used in international merchant websites where Visa accepts. The amount you want to create as a limit will get blocked until the expiry of the VCC.
- Single-use Virtual Card can be used within 48 hours of creation.
- Free of cost and International transaction enabled, you can use Kotak [email protected] Virtual Credit Card to purchase Netflix subscription.
- The Virtual Card is Visa powered.
- The Maximum limit of Virtual Card is Rs. 100000 and the minimum limit is Rs.100.
How to generate Kotak [email protected] VCC Card in India
You need a Kotak Bank account to create a Kotak [email protected] online, if you don’t have you can create a free zero balance digital bank account with only PAN and Aadhaar card. Here are the steps to create Kotak [email protected]
- Login to your Kotak Bank Online Banking Account. Click on More Tab, in the Dropdown menu you will find the Net card option.
2. An OTP will be generated to your registered mobile number. Authenticate the OTP and fill up the desired details like name, VCC limit, etc and click on submit. The Virtual Card will be generated.
For more details on Kotak Bank Virtual Credit Card visit here. (Official Website Link)
5. SBI Virtual Credit Card:
SBI also provides a VCC card to its customer and you can generate it easily from the SBI Official Internet Banking Website. The SBI Virtual Card or eCard is generally prepaid in nature, that means banks will create a hold on your saving account for the amount which you want to create as VCC card.
If you do not have any SBI account, then you can create digital savings account from SBI Yono App.
- The Virtual Card is Primarily Visa powered. (MasterCard powred VCC card can also be extended, check the bank website for details.)
- The Card is not international transaction enabled, ie can not be used outside India.
- The card is prepaid in nature. Maximum Limit Rs.50000.
How to generate SBI Virtual Card
To generate the State Bank of India Virtual Card or Prepaid card follow the under noted Steps
1.Login to your SBI Internet Banking Website. You can also go here. (Official Bank Website)
2.Go to e-Services>More>e-Cards>State Bank Virtual Card
3. Select State Bank Virtual Card, on the next page, you have to provide the Virtual card Limit and Click on Generate.
The maximum limit of SBI virtual Credit card is Rs.50000.00 and it is not international transactions enabled. Only SBI corporate Credit Card customers can create International transaction enabled Visa Virtual Credit Card in India free of cost. For details visit here.
In this era of Digital Transformation & Neo Banking, the plastic card is also getting the archaic concept. Now, you can create a virtual Savings Account seating at home and generate your Virtual Debit card.
Virtual Credit Card can only be generated if you hold a credit card. The main purpose of the Virtual Credit Card is to minimize the chances of fraudulent transaction during online payment. Most of us do not have a Credit Card in India, still, if you want to generate a VCC card for any online transaction, then the best option is to generate Virtual Debit Cards which is international transaction enabled. But Virtual Debit Card is not a temporary randomly generated card number and it will not get destroyed automatically.
If you like the article, then please like our Facebook Official Page and share the posts with your friends. If you have any other recommendations, then please do not hesitate to comment below.
- How to enable Rupay Debit card for International transactions and Paypal
- Best Online payment wallets for International Transactions for Bloggers