Are you worried about revealing about privacy and identity of your Credit Card, or you do not know the trustworthiness of your service provider? Do You want to purchase something unanimously and restrict your credit card for any further recurring payments? Here in this article, we will discuss how to create a free virtual Credit Card in India and some best free virtual credit card (VCC) in India for International Payments.
Credit Card fraud is very common news nowadays, every day you will find the story of credit or debit card fraud in all newspapers. Knowingly or unknowingly, we are committing some mistakes while doing any banking transactions online. Most of us don’t know How to use our Credit or Debit Card safely and securely in online Banking transactions. And if the transactions from any unknown international e-commerce websites or vendors, then we have to be highly vigilant while revealing any secure card details.
In our earlier article, we have discussed How to create free Virtual Debit Card in India for International transactions, if you still not read the article then, you can read it from here.
Today, every bank have introduced several measures to protect their customers from any online Banking Transactions frauds, they send several SMS or emails so that you can secure your hard-earned monies from these fraudsters. But these fraudsters still find their ways to steal your money from your account.
What is a Virtual Credit Card or VCC Card?
There is a basic difference between Debit and Credit Card, what we confused every time. In Debit Card, we can pay if we have the required money in our Debit Card linked bank account, and in Credit card, the card issuing Banks provide us certain limit up to which we can pay or use. Credit Card is a kind of loan, where Card issuing Banks charges interest after a certain period of time. The period varies from 30 to 45 days depending upon these card issuing banks and the rate of interest also is very high, including late payment charges.
The Credit Card only provides to those people, who have the high net worth and regular source of income. Everyone cannot get the Credit Card and it depends solely on the card issuing Banks.
The Virtual Credit Card (VCC) is a kind of temporary randomly generated card number linked to your actual Credit Card and it can be generated only once. We literally can not create Virtual Credit Card online if we do not have any actual Credit Card, we need an actual credit card if we want to create Virtual Credit Card online in India.
If you already have any Credit Card from any Credit card issuing Banks in India and if you have the access to Internet Banking facility, then only you can generate Virtual Credit Card in India.
In Virtual Credit Card, a temporary randomly generated Card number, expiry date, and CVV will be generated through Internet Banking and no other details will be available to the cardholder.
The basic features of all Virtual Credit Card from any card issuing Banks are more or less same. Here I am giving you some features of Virtual Credit Card (VCC) which is mostly offered by the Indian Banks.
Key Features of Virtual Credit Card (VCC) in India
- You can create any number of Virtual Credit Card free if you have an actual credit card with NetBanking access.
- The VCC will destroy itself within 24 to 48 hours of issuance, therefore the chances of misuse of Virtual Credit Card is minimal.
- The Virtual Credit Card is generally generated with a maximum fix upper limit or whatever the limit you want to set up to the maximum credit limit.
- The Virtual Credit card can be used only once, after that the card will be auto destroyed.
- The Virtual Credit Card transactions will separately show in your credit card monthly statements.
- Virtual Credit Card in India cannot be used for any international transactions in popular websites like Netflix, Amazon, Play console, PlayStation or to purchase hostings from SiteGround or Bluehost.
- A virtual Credit card can only be used for single online transactions.
- A Virtual Credit Card can be Visa or Mastercard platform depending on the Card Issuing Banks.
- Any unused amount or refund from merchant websites will add back to your actual credit card limit.
Note: Virtual Credit Card (VCC) can be identified by BIN (Bank Identification Number) which is the first eight-digit of the Card number. Most of the popular international subscription websites where we have to register our credit card for making any purchase, stop accepting Virtual Credit Card.
Therefore, instead of using virtual Credit Card, you can create virtual debit cards which are international transaction enabled.
Key points to be remembered before using Virtual Credit Card or VCC Card in India
- You have to utilize your VCC card within 24 hours of its generation.
- No EMI facility available on Virtual Credit Card.
- Offers and other benefits of the original credit card will not be applicable to Virtual Credit Card.
- No separate billing cycle will be available to you, it clubbed with your original credit card.
- It can only be used for the online transaction.
There is a basic difference between Virtual Credit Card and Virtual Debit Card or Virtual Prepaid Card. Some Banks or Apps offer the free creation of a Virtual Prepaid card which is linked to your primary Bank Account and your transactions amount from the virtual debit card will get debited instantly from your linked account. For example, Kotak [email protected] or State of India virtual card, where you can create a free Preloadable virtual Debit card from their NetBanking website, but Bank will make a hold on the amount which you will like to set as the Virtual Card Limit. You can not use the hold amount until your Card get destroyed itself.
In Virtual Credit Card, you need an actual credit card to generate VCC card online in India. You will get your VCC card statements consolidated with your actual credit card statements after the completion of the billing cycle.
List of Best Free Virtual Credit Card Providers in India
Here’s the list of some Best Free Virtual Credit Card in India
- HDFC Bank Netsafe Card
- ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card
- AXIS Bank eShop Card
- Kotak [email protected]
- SBI Virtual Credit Card
1. HDFC Bank Netsafe Card:
HDFC Bank is the most popular and number one credit card providers in India. HDFC Bank also has the option for creation of Virtual Credit Card to its customer. HDFC Bank’s Netsafe VCC card can be used in any online shopping websites and international transactions enabled.
- HDFC Bank Netsafe Virtual Credit Card is completely free and easy to generate.
- International Transaction enabled.
- The consolidated monthly statement with your actual Credit Card.
- Any number of Virtual Credit Card (VCC) can be generated.
- VISA or MasterCard depending on your actual Credit Card Type.
How to Generate HDFC Bank Netsafe card
- Go to HDFC Bank Netsafe Card registration Page. You can also visit from here. Click on Register.
- Accept the Terms and Condition and provide your Original Credit Number and Expiry Date and click on Submit.
3. A new window will open, you have to provide your some details of your Credit Card like DOB, Credit Card CVV2/CVC2 or ATM PIN, Registered Mobile Number etc and click on Submit button. An OTP will be generated to your Registered email id and mobile number.
4. Provide your Virtual Credit Card Limit and Click on Go. Again an OTP will be generated to your registered mobile. After submitting the OTP, your HDFC Bank Netsafe Virtual Credit Card will be generated.
Register Your HDFC Bank Netsafe VCC card. (Official Bank Website)
2. ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card:
ICICI Bank Credit cards are the second most popular credit card in India. You can also create ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card from its Internet Banking websites.
- Virtual Credit Card is Visa based.
- The Virtual Credit Card is free of cost and international transaction enabled.
- Maximum limit of VCC card is the overall limit of your actual Credit Card.
How to Create ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card
To create ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card, Log on to your ICICI Bank Net Banking Account.
Go to Credit Card Tab>Click on Virtual Credit Card> Fill UP your Details
For more details on ICICI Bank Virtual Credit Card Visit here. (Official Website)
3. AXIS Bank eShop Virtual Credit Card:
Axis Bank also provides a free Virtual Credit Card named eShop Card to its customers. You can generate eShop VCC card for any domestic or international online transactions.
- More or less the same to other two Virtual Credit Card.
- Virtual Credit Card is Visa based, no MasterCard option available.
- Maximum validity period of 48 hours.
- Get consolidated statement with your actual Credit Card.
You can generate eShop Virtual Credit Card after registering your Credit Card details in Axis Bank official websites. For more details visit here.
4. Kotak [email protected]:
Kotak [email protected] is not a Virtual Credit Card technically, you can still generate the random card number for international transaction and it is free of cost.
- All the features are same as Virtual Credit Card.
- Free of cost and International transaction enabled, you can use Kotak [email protected] Virtual Credit Card to purchase Netflix subscription.
- Only Visa Virtual credit Card can be generated.
How to generate Kotak [email protected] VCC Card in India
Login to your Kotak Bank Online Banking Account. Click on More Tab, in Drop down menu you will find the Netcard option. Fill up the required details to create a Virtual Credit Card from Kotak Bank.
For more details on Kotak Bank Virtual Credit Card visit here. (Official Website Link)
5. SBI Virtual Credit Card:
SBI also provides VCC card to its customer and you can generate it easily from SBI Official internet Banking Website.
Maximum limit of SBI virtual Credit card is Rs.50000.00 and it is not international transactions enabled. Only SBI corporate Credit Card customers can create International transaction enabled Visa Virtual Credit Card in India free of cost. For details visit here.
Virtual Credit Card can only be generated if you hold a credit card. Most of us do not have a Credit Card in India, still, if you want to generate VCC card for any online transaction, then the best option is to generate Virtual Debit Cards which international transaction enabled. But Virtual Debit Card is not a temporary randomly generated card number and it will not get destroyed automatically.
If you like the article, then please like our Facebook Official Page and share the posts with your friends. If you need more details information about Virtual Credit Card in India, then please share your comments below.