Are you a travel blogger? Want to earn some money while traveling? Travel blogging for me is the most entertaining and profitable niche if you love to explore the world. Here in this article, you will find some best travel affiliate programs which you can join to earn some extra money while you are traveling.
In India, the travel business has been surging day by day and every year the number of people going for international destinations has been increasing. Today we have more faith in online bookings or booking through mobile apps for flights, hotels, car rentals or any other complete travel packages rather than manual booking. Online booking also makes us more relieved from future uncertainties like the availability of rooms in hotels or traveling assistance.
There are many well known full-service travel portal competing fiercely for the top spot in the online travel market. These websites provide a hefty amount of affiliate commissions in order to retain the top spot or to attract more customers. If you are an owner of any travel blog and want to earn some affiliate income from your travel blog then these online travel portals are a great choice for you.
If you are a travel blogger, there are several ways you can monetize your blog. Some of the popular methods of blog monetization are
-Direct Ad sales
List of Best Travel Affiliate Programs for the travel Bloggers
TripAdvisor is the most trusted and well-known brand in the travel industry. You can find all the details of any places in the World on TripAdvisor. The site has an extensive network of contributors or travel community to fulfill your every query like how to reach any place, hotel guides or foods or restaurants etc.
TripAdvisor also has an extensive affiliate program and you can also earn some rewards points by contributing to the site like forum posts, hotel reviews or restaurant reviews etc. You can redeem these points to earn gift coupons or travel related vouchers.
TripAdvisor compares prices and deals from more than 200 hotel booking sites around the world. The customer has the option to chose their suitable hotel after reading the reviews and opinions of all the hotels and deals.
- Incentive programs
- Largest networks of Hotels Booking sites, more than 200
- Deep Linking
- Tiered commission structure
- Dedicated affiliate managers
- Continuous product launches
- Mobile App
TripAdvisor will pay you at least 50% commission of the revenue generated when users sent from your site click on commerce links and/or ads throughout the TripAdvisor site. TripAdvisor also has some incentive programs, if you can drive some quality traffic to the site.
You can sign up for the affiliate programs through Commission Junction.
Booking.com is also a popular name in the travel niche. The site also has an affiliate partner program that you can get started with if you have a travel agency, an app or a blog or website. Booking.com has an in-house travel affiliate program, easy to sign up to become their affiliate partner, only you need to have a website or blog.
Booking.com has more than 12500 extensive affiliate network an option to integrate with developer’s API.
- Largest selection of hotels, homestay or vacation rentals.
- Free and easy to sign up
- Deep linking
- Exclusive Developers API
- You can list your property free in Booking.com
- banners and search box integration
- WordPress Plugins to integrate with WordPress Blog
- Manual Verification
- 25% of the commission
- Commission rate is directly connected to the number of stayed bookings you generate per month
- Payout mode Paypal or Wire Transfer
- Minimum Payout 100 EUR
Skyscanner is also a popular website for the hotel, flight, and car rental service. You may install banner and the widgets to your site’s sidebar or any other places. The widgets direct the users to the desired places of the Skyscanner site.
You can find the SkyScanner widget here.
You can sign up for the Skyscanner Travel affiliate programs through Commission Junction.
- Any travel websites, blog or deal websites can be partnered with Skyscanner.
- Widgets, Banner, and Links for the publishers
- Travel API for Skyscanner search engine
- Mode of Payment PayPal or Bank Transfer.
- Pay per Click Program, High conversion rate
- Affiliate sharing 50% of the generated revenue.
- Not applicable to India.
- Promo Codes and Direct linking to Skyscanner websites not permitted
- If you are not able to direct quality traffic or if your user’s conversion rate is low, then your Affiliate id may get blocked.
Agoda is also another famous travel affiliate site with millions of active customers. They have in-house travel affiliate programs and you can sign up easily if you have a website or blog and start monetizing your blog instantly.
- Easy to sign up
- Agoda’s web, app, and promos come in 38 languages so you can speak directly to your audiences.
- Good Support team
- Image link, Search Box, Banner integration tools
- WordPress plugin to integrate with your WordPress Blog
- Upto 60% commission on sales
- Minimum $200 payout
Airbnb is a popular referral program where you can earn some referral money by referring to your users.
You can earn up to $72 per successful referral sign up and maximum $5000 travel credit per year.
Airbnb has an extensive customer base worldwide and you can earn some decent affiliate income as travel credit which you can utilize for your next booking from the portal.
- You can earn up to ₹1,100 in travel credit
- Extensive worldwide network
- Easy to use and no set up required
Expedia has one of the world’s largest travel network with presence in almost all country. You can also use the Expedia travel affiliate programs to monetize your blog.
Expedia has more than 75,000 hotels and 3,000 exciting holiday activities and attractions around the world as well as localized promotions within India.
- 30-day presence of cookies
- full-service travel booking functionality
- Easy integration
- Wide selection of linking options
- Payout through Bank Transfer
Expedia offers 4 different commission rates for different product types as under
1. Flights – 0.875%
2. Hotels – 8%
3. Packages – USD20 flat fee
Travelguru is also one of the leading travel companies in India that have over 11,000 + hotels in India covering 450 cities and 3, 50,000 hotels worldwide.
If you are a travel blogger from India, then Travelguru is an excellent choice.
- Timely commission payments
- Increase your site rating with every click.
Travelpayout is another great Travel affiliate network, can be used to monetize your blog. You can get up to 80% of sales from Travelpayout affiliate program.
Travelpayouts has also a referral program where you can earn commission by attracting new partners. You can earn up to 5% of referral rewards.
Travelpayouts offers several integration tools like banners, image or text links as well as WordPress Plugins.
- Deep Linking
- Integration tools like banners, image, text links
- Hotel Search API
- WordPress Plugins
- Easy to sign up
- Referral Rewards programs
- Several widgets like Map widgets, calendar widgets, Hotel widgets
- Payout mode Paypal or Bank transfer
- 50-70% of generated commission share by Travelpayout to the Affiliate Partner. If Travelpayout earns $30, then the affiliates receive $15 to $20. For details visit Travelpayout support page.
- Payout mode Paypal, Epayments, Webmoney etc.
Momondo is another very popular travel search site in the travel affiliate niche. Momondo provides the best commission rates in the industry in Flight Booking category. They provide up to 75% of the commission to sales generated to this site. Any publisher, blog or travel destination websites can easily join in Momondo Affiliate program.
After sign up, Momondo will provide a link to your website, whenever any users or visitors click on search results, you will earn CPA.
- Any small blog or large travel websites can join Momondo Affiliate Program.
- Best Commission rate in the travel industry
- Deep Link, Banner, and HTML link
- Compare Price for flights, hotels and car hire.
You can CPA of $0.65 for clicks generated through Desktop and Tablet and $0.45 from click-through mobile. Check details here.
Currently, Momondo has an affiliate program for Flights products only.
OYO Rooms is India’s largest hospitality company in India and operate more than 230 cities in India and Malaysia. Started in the year 2013 by Ritesh Agarwal, OYO Rooms is one of the most innovative business models.
OYO Rooms or OYO is a very popular name in India’s budget hotel industry and currently, OYO Rooms has more than 80% of occupancy rates in Hotel booking segments.
You can Join OYO Mitr program to monetize your travel blog. OYO Mitr is a commission based model, you earn affiliate commission when any user books any room through your affiliate links. They have an incentive base program for new users.
- OYO Rooms use Google Analytics for Affiliate tracking tools.
- Promotion method allowed Display banners, email marketing, PPC, SMS, Coupons etc.
- Payment through online bank transfer within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
For the new user, 18% of generated revenue or sales and for returning user 15% of revenue. Minimum Payout Rs.1000.00.
For details of OYO Rooms affiliate program visit here.
To join the OYO Rooms affiliate program, you have to send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +91-9953355396.
You can also join by network affiliate partner like Cuelinks.
These are some of the most popular travel affiliate programs you can register to earn some extra bucks from your blog.
If you have knowledge of any other popular travel affiliate programs, please do share in the comment section.
Meanwhile, You may also like to read…