Mutual Fund investment is one of the best ways to grow our idle money in long terms. There are 44 Asset Management Company (AMC) currently operate in India and more than 2000 schemes available to choose from. Some schemes of any AMC may be giving a very good return or some schemes maybe not doing well, and tracking all the schemes separately is a very cumbersome task for anyone. But, thanks to some best mutual fund apps in India, you can track, manage and invest in different mutual fund schemes with ease at one platform.
Types of Mutual Funds in India?
All mutual funds in India, come with two types of investment category, one is regular and the other is the Direct Plan. In the regular plan, you are knowingly or unknowingly paying a certain percentage of commission or charges to broker and these types of charges are generally not revealed to the investors. If you read the Mutual fund offer documents carefully, then you will find the percentage of brokerage fees your AMC is paying to your broker or adviser. Though this commission rate is very small (1-2.5%), but it will really matter, if your investment is for the long term.
The other type of Mutual Fund investment is Direct. In this type, you are directly investing your money to any particular AMC and your investment is brokerage free.
There are three-way, you can invest in Mutual Fund in India
- Directly through AMC websites like ICICI Pru, UTI MF or HDFC MF official websites.
- Through Registrar & Transfer Agents (RTA) like Karvy or CAMS official websites.
- Through SEBI registered investment adviser (RIA) like Fundsindia, commercial Banks, Motilal Oswal, etc.
By the first two processes, you can invest Directly to Mutual Funds in India, and by the last process, you have to pay commission to your adviser, which is the regular mutual investment.
- Best Zero Balance Digital Savings Bank Account in India with Complete opening Procedures
- How to Do KYC online for Mutual Fund investment
You will find several top mutual fund apps for Android or iOS devices in the Google Play Store or the iOS App Store. These mutual funds app not only help you to track, manage your entire mutual fund portfolio, you can also able to purchase or redeem lumpsum MF units or start a new SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) instantly from home.
To purchase any Mutual Funds unit from any AMC, all you need to do is to verify your KYC from any RTA only once. Although you can invest in any AMC up to Rs.50000/AMC/Year by completing paperless eKYC (Aadhaar OTP based KYC) from any mutual fund house. (Updates: After the recent Supreme Court verdict on Aadhaar, OTP based eKYC for the opening of new Mutual Fund folios has temporarily been discontinued by the Fund Houses. As per the latest updates, Government may grant permission to Private Fintech firms to access the Aadhaar Database for eKYC.)
I have written a detailed article on how to do a new KYC for Mutual Fund online seating at home, just using your PC or smartphone.
You can check your KYC status for mutual funds from here.
Best Mutual Fund Apps in India for Android & iOS
There are quite a few Mutual Fund Apps for Android & iOS devices available in the Play Store or App Store, but most of them do not have the option for direct investment in SIP or purchase of lumpsum Mutual Fund units.
Here, we try to cover some best mutual fund apps in India, where you can track NAV, manage your entire MF portfolio or invest in direct mutual funds schemes & create online SIP instantly from home. Some of them also help you to register for new KYC instantly from home.
Here is the 5 best Mutual Fund App for Direct investment
- myCAMS Mutual Fund App
- KFinKart- Investor Mutual Funds
- Groww- Mutual Funds App
- PayTM Money Mutual Funds App
|App Name||Direct Investment||in-App KYC Registration||Rating||Action|
1. myCAMS Mutual Fund App:
myCAMS is an RTA and it manages the AMC of Mutual Funds which includes Aditya Birla Sunlife MF, DSP BlackRock MF, HDFC MF, HSBC MF, ICICI Prudential MF, IDFC MF, IIFL MF, Kotak MF, L & T MF, Mahindra MF, Parag Parikh MF (PPFAS), SBI MF, Sriram MF, Tata MF, Union MF, Sundaram MF, and BNP Paribas MF.
myCAMS is the best mutual fund apps in India for direct investment for SIP as well as lumpsum investment. You can also track the new Funds offer (NFO) or your existing mutual funds NAV, Start a new SIP or purchase lumpsum MF units.
- Direct investment of Mutual Funds, no broker fee.
- DigiSIP- You can start your digital SIP within seven days of registration online.
- In-app Investment in multiple mutual funds from a single App, only you have to provide a single one-time mandate form. You can submit eMandate registration form from here also.
- Track your entire MF portfolio based on your PAN Card or email id.
- NFO Service- Purchase New Fund Offer.
- Aadhaar based eKYC system.
- Enhanced consolidated realized gain statement.
2. KFinKart- Investor Mutual Funds:
KFinKart mutual funds App offers by Karvy MFS which is also Registrar & Transfer Agents (RTA). The app offers a similar service like myCAMS mutual fund app. You can manage, track and invest in multiple Mutual funds AMC.
Currently, Karvy manages 20 mutual fund house in India, namely Axis Mutual Fund, Baroda Pioneer Mutual Fund, BOI AXA Mutual Fund, Canara Robeco Mutual Fund, DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund, Edelweiss Mutual Fund, Essel Mutual Fund, IDBI Mutual Fund, Indiabulls Mutual Fund, Invesco Mutual Fund, JM Financial Mutual Fund, LIC Nomura Mutual Fund, Mirae Asset Mutual Fund, Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund, Principal Mutual Fund, Quantum Mutual Fund, Reliance Mutual Fund, Sahara Mutual Fund, Taurus Mutual Fund, UTI Mutual Fund.
Though the app is not as smooth as myCAMS mutual funds app, still you can manage or invest the above stated Mutual Funds direct schemes.
- Option for investment in direct schemes of Mutual Funds.
- Seamless investment of multiple folios mutual funds. You can invest/redeem/reinvest folios from a single mutual fund app.
- Track NAV of different Mutual Funds from the single platform.
- One-touch login. Login option with your existing Facebook or Google ID.
- Live NAV notifications.
- Consolidate mutual fund statements.
- Intuitive UI.
ETmoney is a complete SMS based money manager and one of the best mutual fund apps in India offers by Times of India Group. ETMoney not only helps you to invest in direct schemes of Mutual funds but it enables you to manage your entire spending from a single platform.
ETMoney app has in-app multiple investment options for different deposit and insurance schemes like ELSS, Tax Savings, health insurance, etc, only you need KYC verified status.
- Option for investment in the Direct Mutual Funds scheme with zero brokerage fee. (more than 1000 mutual fund schemes of around 20 AMC).
- Automated SMS based money manager, analyze your entire spending on different categories like travel, shopping, food, etc.
- Analyzes your expenses on multiple Bank Accounts and Credit cards.
- Option to invest the Gold deposit scheme.
- Purchase insurance products.
- Unique SMS based tracking of all Mutual Fund portfolios from a single App.
- Instant credit facilities up to Rs.500000.00.
4. Groww- Mutual Funds App:
Another excellent mutual Fund App for direct investment of Mutual funds schemes. You can invest in multiple mutual funds schemes with zero commission, also you have the option to switch your regular investment funds to Direct schemes completely free.
All the Mutual Funds Company (AMC) supports the Groww -Mutual Funds App.
- Complete the eKYC within the App. (Capture documents with Phones camera and upload)
- Invest in Direct Mutual Fund schemes. No commission or transaction charges.
- Buy or redeem multiple MF, create a new SIP within the App.
- Excellent and intuitive Dashboard to track your entire portfolio, like annualized returns or total returns, etc.
- Track top Mutual Fund NAV.
- SIP Calculator.
- Integrations with ETmoney or PaytmMoney App.
5. PayTM Money Mutual Funds App:
Paytm, India’s number one mobile wallet service provider has also recently launched Paytm Money, an only App-based free direct Mutual Fund investment solution for investors.
Paytm money mutual funds app also provides the option for Direct investment in mutual funds scheme without any commission or zero advisory fees. You can open your Paytm money Mutual funds account with your existing Paytm registered mobile number. You can also register new KYC for investment in various Mutual Fund schemes from the App itself.
We have already discussed How to register new KYC with Paytm Money Mutual Fund App, you can read the article from here.
- Investment in direct mutual funds schemes with zero advisory fees.
- No transaction fee on investment or withdrawals of units.
- Fully digitalized Paperless account opening process.
- One time digital mandate for auto payment.
- Option for investing in multiple mutual funds from a single platform. (30 Mutual fund Company in India)
- Option for invest in SIP, redemption, tracking of NAV.
These are some of the best Mutual Funds App in India for Android & iOS users.
All the popular AMC and Fund Houses have their own mutual fund Apps which you can install from Google Play or iOS App Store. If you already have invested any mutual fund scheme, you can easily manage your investment portfolio from the above stated mutual funds’ app smoothly. For transferring your entire Mutual Fund portfolio, you need to submit a mandate to the App where you want to manage your entire Mutual Fund Portfolio. You do not have to install a separate mobile App for every mutual fund company. But I will recommend, you should manage your Mutual Fund portfolio from the first two Mutual Fund Apps as stated in the article.
If you any other recommendations, then please share your ideas below and don’t forget to like our Facebook Official Page.
Connect me on Facebook.
You may also like to Read…